Interesting Ideas for 4-H Youth/Clubs
We will be periodically posting fun and stimulating activities that might peak your interest during this time at home and even afterward. These may be activities which can be used in your project records or just activities to help you grow as an individual. If you have any questions as you are attempting any of these activities, please email Tracy LeCompte at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you should come across an activity yourself that might be of interest to other youth, please let Tracy know.
Citizenship Activity, Not Your Typical “Writing a Politician or Attending a Virtual Museum Tour:”
Have fun while trying your hand with these Cherokee language activities for youth. Click on the link below and consider incorporating these into your own personal citizenship activity.
Family Cultural Circle:
Storytime with Cherokee legends and Family-friendly Cherokee language lessions, Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
Need an idea for your next 4-H Club meeting? Here are a few options!
Topics for Virtual Club Meetings:
– Home Obstacle Course. While on Zoom, have a family member showcase you working through it!
– Flower Bouquets – collect flowers to make your bouquet. Share it at your meeting during a show and tell or actively build them together.
– Smoothies – Everyone make their own
– Recipes – create a recipe, share your favorite, showoff your food presentation
– Dominant Eye – for shooting sports
– Orienteering – present about compass use
– By-Laws – Create a set of by-laws for the club.
– Youth can present on different topics: Shooting Sports Range Safety, Horse Riding Safety, Rules of competitions
– Make short videos about sewing project
– Photography – Have a different daily or weekly challenge. Landscape, closeup, people, pets.
– Public Speaking – Everyone assign a topic, give an impromptu talk for 2 minutes. Have fun!
– Specific activity – all work together on a simple project, needle felting, quilting, painting