Spring Herb & Plant Festival Vendor Information
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
- This annual event is a product of Cabarrus County Center of N.C. Cooperative Extension.
- The event will take place at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center located at 4751 St. Hwy 49, Concord NC 28025.
- The merchandise of every vendor is expected to be family friendly and also be associated with plants, herbs, gardening or environmentally friendly.
- Food Vendors are responsible for obtaining in advance any required health department or other certiﬁcation for the foods they are selling. A copy of such certificates must be available the day of the Herb Festival.
- Vendor placement will be determined in the order their fully complete application with payment.
- Vendors must submit a vendor application.
- The rental cost per each space for April 29, 2023 is $50. Registration must be paid at go.ncsu.edu/registercabarrus
- The proceeds from this event are used to cover the cost of this and other Extension programs.
- Applications should be approved before registration costs are collected. A notice will be sent via email to address actions needed to complete the registration. Also note that the processing time for checks may take two or three weeks to be processed with your bank. Vendors with returned checks will be responsible for associated bank fees incurred.
- If vendors require more than the standard 14’ wide by 40’ deep grassy area space, two spaces must be reserved for $100. This Includes Food Vendors: If two spaces are requested, they will be side by side unless otherwise requested. If the spaces are not side by side, both need to be manned.
- Educational displays/demonstrations by non-proﬁts that meet the gardening theme or provide horticultural education will not be charged unless merchandise is sold which converts their status to that of a vendor, however, and will be held to all of the requirements as speciﬁed herein for vendors.
- Vendors will be notiﬁed of space assignments as soon as feasible. Our target is early March 2023.
- There will NOT be guaranteed spaces for previous Festival vendors, but we will try to accommodate when possible. Vendors cannot give their space assignment to anyone else.
- Cancellations or other questions: If unable to participate vendors may email Tracy LeCompte at email@example.com or call/text 419-305-8031 by April 1, 2023.
- The festival committee reserves the right to revoke or deny, at any time, any and all persons from selling at the current and future Festivals, who the committee determines do not meet requirements or who exhibit inappropriate behavior without regard of check/ application status.
- The Festival is held at an open-air facility with portable restrooms, water, electricity and adequate public parking. Vendors will need to move their vehicles to the back parking lot after unloading.
- All applying vendors must be prepared to be assigned on unpaved / grassy grounds. Vendors must be prepared to bring any display tables, chairs, umbrellas and/or tents needed and be prepared for all types of weather! RAIN or SHINE, no exceptions!
- Tents greater than 20’ x 20’ require a permit and use of ground stakes are not permitted. A number of tents were used last April and held down with various homemade weights of sandbags, concrete building blocks and other heavy objects.
- Solicitation Limits. Only paid venders and those who names are also listed on the application can solicit within their assigned area. Vendors may not solicit outside of their booths.
- Set up time may be available on Friday evening before. Details will be shared with vendors by February 2023.
- Vendors must be set up by 7:30 a.m. on April 29, 2023. Each vendor must check in with the designated Extension Staff prior to setting up a booth in order to be directed to their assigned space. If a vendor sets up in an incorrect space, they will be required to move or leave the premises without a refund.
- Please, arrive early! Our volunteers that guide vendors to their space have to transition to other positions involved in serving and protecting the visiting public.
- The Extension Program does not assume responsibility for vendor merchandise left unattended overnight.
- NC Dept. of Revenue Sales and Use Tax Certiﬁcation Account ID or valid exemption reason is required on application in order for it to be considered.
- Primary method of communication is email. Please make sure your email address is legible and notify Tracy LeCompte of any changes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 419-305-8031
- Only valid service animals are allowed in Cabarrus Arena. NO pets please.