Scale Certification Opportunity for Farmers’ Market and Vendor Scales in Cabarrus County

— Written By
en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲
WHAT: N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences (NCDA&CS) Scale Technicians will be certifying weigh scales. 

This service is FREE.

WHEN: Tuesday, May 10, from 8 a.m. until noon. You can drop off scales on or before Tuesday morning at the county office. Pick up after 12 p.m. Tuesday.

WHERE: N.C. Cooperative Extension, Cabarrus County Center located at 715 Cabarrus Ave. W Concord, NC 28027.

HOW: Come see us at the Cabarrus County office with your scale(s). Please attach a sticky note to each scale that you want to have certified with the following information: County you live in, Your Name, Farm’s Name, Address, Phone Number, and an email.

WHY? Those that sell produce and other items by weight must have their scales certified annually. Scales need to be NTEP approved to be legal for use in North Carolina to comply with laws dictated by the NCDA&CS. The Measurement Section of the NCDA&CS, among other duties, inspects weighing and measuring devices for accuracy (scales, scanners, motor fuel dispensers, fuel oil meters, and many other devices).

Walk-ins are welcome, though registration is encouraged. Please call our office at (704) 920 – 3310 to schedule an appointment time.

For more information or questions contact Mackenzie Hall, (, 704-920-3310).